Sunday 13 April 2014

VACATION: Trip to Yogyakarta, Indonesia!!!

Yes finally the time had come for my first vacation of the year. For those who don’t know where Indonesia is….seriously dude read a book LOL.

So the trip was initially plan by 3 girls but only two ended up going. So why did I choose to VACA there ?
You know how sometimes when you are driving around or just walking around and you see loads of billboard ads and you go like “yeah dude like that is ever work” . Well it does ……….because nearby my house there is a big Air Asia billboard showing an ancient looking temples and I was staring at it every time I drive pass it. And one day while I was sitting in front of my computer thinking about where to go, my hand (yes it has Xmen power) went and clicked on Yogyakarta. And I knew it that is my destiny !!!!

I’ve always been fascinated by History and ancient archeology. Even back when I was young girl I would watch discovery channel and read their books and be like ONE DAY I WILL GO THERE!!!! So this ancient Hindu and Buddhist temple had always fascinated me. Dude like seriously have looked at the temple. I was thinking to myself ……..how did this people build this thing, who operated this majestic temples, how did the people look and wear back then. So many questions !!!

So a good vacation plan comes with good research!!! Yes people do you reading, study and understand what you want and what you don’t like. I always do good research because people, as nerdy as it sounds it make things easier and it can avoid hella regrets!

Since it was just the two (pretty ladies) we decided to play it safe. I have watched enough “Vacation becomes nightmare” and “When vacation attack” to know that two girls traveling alone it is not a good idea to just wander around looking lost. So my cutie friend asked her friends who had gone vacation there for some tips. So we got ourselves a personal tour guide!!!

Advantage of having a personal tour guide, you don’t need to worry about who you will be forced to join with during your tour. This happened in Thailand, I mean we were ok but what really got on my nerves is that we don’t have the pleasure of taking our sweet time because the other group of people are getting restless over the “This is not cool because I can’t do it” thing.

So we had the flexibility to tell our tour guide exactly what we wanted to do and where we wanted to go. His job will be to look at our suggestion, come out with our tour plan during our visit. The advantage of this is that he will estimate how long the distance take and how the traffic condition there. He can also help us book shows and hotels (of our choice) so that we can simply just come to Yogyakarta and enjoy the stay.  The best way to know a place is to ask a local. Also he can help us get some discount for some ticket entrance!

All of my tour review is in my Tripadvisor page.
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/members/deviki

We hop of the plane and walked out of the airport and walla!!! A dude waiting to pick us up, no need to hassle with annoying taxi driver for cheap taxi fare. He took us straight to our first destination, temple Borobudur. After that we got to our hotel relaxed refreshed and got back to our second destination which is a splendid Ramayana Ballet.


Second day we went early to Mount Merapi, all the other temple. And one hour of shopping experience!!! Third day we were suppose to go to Water castle but we decided not to because we are bumped up and we wanted to stay in our 5 star hotel. Ask our tour guide to come pick us up from the hotel to the airport. 


3 comments:

  1. Vacation is one of the best way to relax your mind because specially when you go to the tour of Indonesia bus from raleigh to nyc i think main purpose of the vacation to go for the tour and i think hotel is the best place for the stay during the night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and ur right vacation is best way to relax your mind but also enable you to discover new things at the same time

      Delete
  2. I miss yogya. Cheap batik and food.

    ReplyDelete