Sunday 13 April 2014

Malones @ Sooka Central

Malones is a Irish restaurant and bar, located across from KL Central. It’s just outside Sooka’s building. It’s a rather weird location, its located at the center of the walkway (soft of).
My friend and I decided to have some drinks and catch up on some life thoughts, and we decided on this place. I always wanted to try this place back when I was working at plaza central but there was not many alcohol drinking friends around at that time. 

Ambiance: 5/10



http://www.malones.my/index.html

I think it looks like a decent bar, typical dark and yellow light bar. Nothing to shout about. I personally thought the bar looks more on the dark side. I knocked my feet a few times while walking to find seats.
I took these images from their website because I just didn’t have the time to take any pictures. Too many people around and I don’t think this is an ideal place if you are hang out in a large group.

 Sex on the beach

The moment my eyes landed on the cocktail name, I was like I want this! Name as good as it sound should justify that drink right ? WRONG !!!
I don’t know if this drink should taste like this but MAN I was disappointed. But before I jump into my rant, let’s take this one step at the time.

Visual Observation: 3/10
Visually it was disappointing to look at. I mean there is lack of decoration and presentation was a dissatisfying.  It looks like the drink had period ………honestly speaking !!!!! Should name it as period on the beach instead. Where is the small umbrella, the slice of pineapple, the cheery and my flower!!! WHERE!!!!

Taste evaluation: 2/10
OMG, after taking the first sip I was like ……um ok nothing happening here. Drink tasted quite light …..almost watery like. After awhile I took another big sip and was waiting for the sex to happen. Nothing it still felt like nothing was trigging my alcohol sense.  
I gave up and took a long sip, about half mouth full and swallowed …….nothing. I honestly tasted no alcohol in the drink. I was severely disappointed !!!!! It was bad !!!!

Mai tai


Remember my earlier review of Mai tai in S’mores. If not check link here: S'mores's Mai tai

That was a Mai Tai this was Ma Tahi !!! Gosh I’m sorry for sounding harsh but really these drink are not cheap so at least you can do is make it taste good.

Visual Observation: 3/10
Visually it was unsightly to look at. I mean there is lack of decoration and presentation was a dissatisfying.  
Made a comparison base on my evaluation. I let u be the judge !


S’Mores
Malones

Presentation:
Simple and elegant

Taste :
Taste of some fruit juice, and strong tint of pineapple.
Sip on it and feel the bitterness as you swallow.
Light texture drink, nothing heavy and you don’t feel the alcohol right away.
It takes about a good few sips or gulps before you actually feel the effect.   


Presentation:
Non existence

Taste :
Taste of some fruit juice
Light texture drink, not heavy
Alcohol effect is immediate but very mild
Watery alcohol fruit juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment