Sunday 13 April 2014

Smores @ Bangsar South

Yesterday my friend and I went to have our dinner and drink here. This place by far is my favorite place to chill out and dine. I like this place because it is usually not so packed and the atmosphere is just like what the slogan of this place says “Bar, Restaurant and Chill out”.
So we ordered drinks for the RM60 because its pass 8pm. We got 2 Mai tai and 1 Acapulco nite cocktails and Porky Platter. Since I’ve already reviewed Mai tai before this, I’m just going to focus on one drink.

Acapulco nite


Visual Observation: 5/10
Is it a trademark of Smores to put cherry and lime slice on all their drinks? No matter what it looks neat and chic. I choose this drink because it had milk in it. I was feeling tired and the word milk was magnet to my eyes.

Taste evaluation: 7/10
The drink is a mixture of Tequila, Vodka, Kahlua, Milk and Coke. The mixture is thick and almost like a frappuccino kinda feel to it. It is not a juice like light texture drink. At first when you take a sip u can taste the vodka and coke mixture, but as u swallow you can taste the milk and tequilla’s bitterness. I think the drink was awesome. It tasted good and I liked how the thick drink makes you wanna lick the bottom of the glass.
The alcohol effect is not immediate, maybe after two or 3 sips you can feel the effect building up. Its not very story drink but its enough for you to get the feel. Best to drink this by staw, because it’s a savory drink.

Porky Platter



Visual and Taste evaluation: 10/10
This is by far the most expensive dish, dish contains pork sausages 3 different kind, pork ribs, pork loin, bratwurst, potatoes and salads with tomatoes and lemons. It comes with 3 different souces: BBQ, Apple sauce and brown sauce.
Best to eat this in a group of 3 or 4, unless you have super love meat and can take large portion 2 people is a big helping J.


This is my second try of this dish and I am not disappointed. I loved everything that comes with this platter. Worth the money and extremely satisfying! The succulent meat just falls of smopothy from its ribs, the sausages are juicy and tender. The pork lion is cooked to perfection, the skin is crispy and slightly salty while the meat is juicy and tender. Soft baked potatoes and salty bratwurst goes well with the meat.


A MUST TRY DISH FOR ALL OINK OINK LOVERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment