Tuesday 4 February 2014

Life thoughts and Coffee updates

Being the coffee lover I am, I can’t resist a coffee temptations especially if offers good gourmet coffee for a good price.  I’m not saying just because I love coffee I will only drink all the fancy and branded coffees. I love trying any coffee really, even Mamak’s coffee also I don’t mind. As long as I’m feeling good and satisfied.

So what is my January favourite beverage? Any coffee from PRONTO.  If you have been following my blog, you may have notice I’ve visited Pronto quite often last month. Even though I complained about their cup size, I suddenly find myself not bothered by it. Honestly I’ve been too willing to get a good cuppa coffee from them anytime. It’s because of the friendly and helpful barista.
Seriously people, there is a reason why people who work with customers’ needs to learn how  to be polite and friendly. Because believe it or not, it’s a very big turn off for customers to want to buy something for you when you keep giving them the cold shoulder all the time. This goes for the lady at the GJS (Bangsar South), gosh lady learn how to smile and be patient. Because of you, a lot of times people tend to not want to get anything whenever you are at the counter!!!

Collecting coffee go-cups and splash sticks
I know, most of my likings are mostly or somewhat closely related to coffee. Hence my blog name.
So when I say go-cups, I’m actually referring to paper cups. Not the personal stainless steel go cups. Ok, I know this is going to sound weird beyond anything. But I honestly adore cute coffee go-cups. Even if it’s not fancy looking, I’ll still keep it.
It’s like this. If I drank a coffee and I enjoyed every sip of it. I will keep the paper go cup. It’s like some sort of a souvenir to remind myself of the good times. Is that weird? I even collect the splash sticks. You know those plastic coffee stirrers that is plugged into the hole of a go cup lids. Those are so cute, you can recycle them into a bookmark J

Also am I the only one always staring at coffee mugs at a big grocery stores? Like actually stand there and admire the coffee cups designs and shapes.
 Um no? Just me? Ok ok ………MOVING ON !!

Death in Paradise

If you don’t know what show this is, you sir, are LAME! (Talking to you my Maine snowman). Like seriously, I adore this show so much. I love a good detective show anytime especially if it has Sherlock Holmes theme to it. I actually discovered this show by accident. The thing is, I’ve always prefer watching British show rather than American, and since the latter is more widely advertised, I have to google for British shows. So one day I was just browsing through the internet, and walla !!!!

If you like Ben Miller, then you will enjoy this show. I loved it from the first episode itself. Season 3 was already aired starting January, but I was late on catching up.  Didn’t bother to read any updates for this season, and decided to just go ahead and watch the first episode, last night.
And boy was I in for a shock!!!

******Spoiler ALERT******

Detective Inspector Richard Poole (Ben Miller) dies in the first episode of season 3! I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO it can’t be, no way!! I was half expecting him to jump up and say “ah hah, I knew it was you!! Murderer!” But he didn't, he stayed dead and a new Detective Humphrey Goodman (Kris Marshall) came to replace him. I was disappointed that Ben will not be in the show. Mostly because the show started with him, I mean he was the MAIN character.


But as I watched Kris, I thought he played the detective rather well. I mean Humphrey is everything Richard is not. He is a complete opposite to him. And I liked it. Very refreshing actually.
First time I've watched Kris on screen, he played a young horny English guy who travels to America to get chics (Love Actually). In that movie, I thought he was rather annoying and he does have the “ugly duckling” look. He also had the “forever-extra-characters-in-movies” stamped on his forehead (yes I know I sound harsh). But the older version of him in this show suits the eccentric DI just fine. I was impressed, I mean he still have that dorky look, but really it works for him. I actually find him amusing.


You know how it is, about main characters being replaced, it puts a damped on the show, and viewers such as myself sometimes accept this sudden changes and sometimes we don’t.

If you have watched Misfits (also a Brit show) the first and second season that is, I was so hooked. But in season 3 everything changed, all the 5 main characters got replaced, some didn't even turn up in the show. I was severely disappointed with the new cast. I didn't bother to continue after the second episode. I think that show will eventually fail. I hope DIP will stay on, because despite killing off DI Richard, the whole theme and plotting style has not, it still have that “umph” that I've always liked in the show.  For that sake, I really hope DIP will continue on for another 4 more seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment