Monday 10 February 2014

Clubbing @ Havana Bar & Grill

This is probably one of my very rarest post you will ever find in this blog. LOL
This is my first ever clubbing experience. I only ever had “clubbing” at home or at someone’s party. Never a real clubbing experience with shit loads of strangers, in a bar or club.


Around 11pm, eight of us left the Renaissance Hotel and headed for a night of clubbing. We took a cab from the hotel to Changkat, Bukit Bintang. The cab charged us RM8 (probably the best you can get for a short distance ride in KL). Right after we got off, the first thing that caught my eyes is amount of foreigners walking about. I thought for a moment that the taxi driver drove us to New York or something. When I say a lot I mean I hardly see locals around LOL.

We waited for the other four to turn up and then we headed straight for Havana, the place was packed with foreigners (from all around the world, I dare say) and a handful of locals. People were dining and enjoying each other’s company. You know it felt like the two floors is filled with different sets of people. The ground floor calm and dining. Upstairs is naughty and loud.

 So of course we headed upstairs, the narrow staircase was rather hard to see in the dimmed area and please be mindful of where you are walking because there are people walking up and down, some even hangout at the narrow stairs (like seriously).

I mean don’t go stepping on to some poor dude’s hands with your killer heels.

I admit I was kinda disappointed (at least a tiny bit), I had this impression that the club would look something like from The Mindy Project show. Where Mindy walks in and have mesmerised moment until the bouncer asked her to get over it LOL. But no it was just a regular bar and very crammed. Maybe, because there are a lot of people around trying to dance and drink and smoke and something censored. But really it was difficult to move about.

So we got our first drink (tequila shot RM15) at the balcony bar. There were some place to seat at the balcony and chill out or take a break for a bit before you get back to your twerking. The balcony overlooks another bar “ciccio pasticcio” and other bar along the streets.

We headed back into the crowd of people dancing at the stage. It was cute to see people doing all kinda silly dance. The DJ was right at the stage corner, which is a shame because it takes a lot of space and limits people movements to dance. I knocked my arm a few times while dancing. And seriously the song selection was pretty lame at times.  

Here is some tips about dancing with your girlfriends
Dance in a group (circular), if you do not want strangers barging in or unwanted drunk making a pass at you. I notice this technique is very safe as you have eyes (your friends including) to watch your back for perverts and of course CNN-ing which cutie is checking you out. Also it’s always nice to dance in a group of girls while we make silly faces and tease each other.

There is nothing much to say besides having the time of my life “cuci-ing mata” and dancing with my gals. I decided not to take any pictures because the dancing stage was packed with people and I don’t want to drop my phone and break it. But I do regret for not taking any while we took our shots.  
It was 2.30am by the time we left. It was a great experience but it got me wondering if this is how club/clubbing looks/feels like? Or there are other better clubs around that I missed.

http://havanakl.com/

Ratings:
Place: 4/10
Environment: 5/10
People (cuties and hotties): 9/10
Price: Moderate
Overall: 5/10 (was not bad, not awesome but not bad)

No comments:

Post a Comment