Monday 27 January 2014

Seed Café @ Midvalley

I made plans to hang out at Midvalley with my friend. Knowing our hang out location for the night, I thought we should try something different to eat. So I had some free time and decided to browse the internet and decide on which eatery I’m yet to try.
I was craving for some Malaysia delicacy soupy meal, with reasonable pricing of course. After going through the Midvalley website (hahahah), I decided on Seed Café.
The first thing I notice about this place is that it’s WHITE and PLAIN. I mean, it look pretty standard, not very impressive on the mood or theme (or lack) of the restaurant.  One thing that bothered me about the tables setting was that, they put this ‘mahjong’ paper on top of the white cloth. Perhaps it is to avoid staining the white cloth, but really, it feels like rather “cheap” looking.
We were immediately seated and given menus. Pretty much mixture of western and Malaysian dishes. I decided on Seed Prawn Noodles while my friend ordered Hainanese Chicken.
Seed Prawn Noodles

Visual Observation: 6/10
Served in a big white bowl, looks yummy and served warm. Looks plentiful and soup does not look too thick or oily.
Taste Evaluation: 4/10
While it looked good, I’m going to have to disagree with the taste. I’ve had prawn noodles before in local stalls and other restaurants. It taste pretty much the same but rather than being spicy it was pretty sweet. Now, I don’t like to have sweet dishes unless I crave for it. This was not was the sweet craving moment. Plenty of small and big prawns, the soup was not spicy, so for those who wants more spiciness need to mix some chili given (separately). Kinda defeat the purpose of writing SPICY SOUP on the menu!!
I think a Chinese street stall is way better and richer in taste. Personally, I don’t think it has a notable taste that you can definitely say it belongs uniquely to Seed Café.
Hainanese Chicken

Visual Observation: 3/10
I honestly think the presentation can be improved, it does not have the “put together” feel, honestly to me it looked rather lame.  I’m itching to say the Chicken Rice Shop have better food display LOL
Taste Evaluation: 4/10
I’m writing this base on what my friend commented.
She said the rice was ok nothing special about it, but the chicken (which is the main thing) did not have much taste, pretty blunt. The food was warm. But she was not happy nor did she feel like it has any exceptional qualities.
Overall conclusion: Meh-should improve more!
Again I would like to emphasis, that I only review what my friend(s) and I ate. Since we only tried two dishes from this eatery that does not mean we claim the other food offered here are bad as well.

I honestly think it can be improved. I mean price is about RM12++ and above, but the food quality does not justify the pricing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment