Sunday 15 June 2014

Interracial Relationship

Ahhhh………..Only this type of relationship fascinates me alot. I love all type of interracial relationship but I do have a favorite type, mine is White men with Black women (wmbw). For some reason this type of couple really looks so amazing in my eyes. As weird as it sounds, I really don’t know just how to express that feeling, but usually I prefer watching “love or romance” if it involve this type of couple. Something about them really ……….makes everything so darn interesting and did I mention that they make the cutest babies.

Alas, I’m not saying that I do not prefer other type or that I only consider wmbw as the only type of “approved” relationship. When I say interracial relationship, I mean any two different races falling for each other.
So what is so interesting about them?
It always intrigues me that two people of different race and culture are able to fall in love and unite. This is something not only easy but it also shows you that you are able to embrace another race and its culture. That finding love from a person that looks nothing like your race, nothing like your culture and able to accept that and want to be a part of it together.
Most of the time, these type of relationship are not easy. I’m not saying a non interracial relationship is a piece of cake, rather their challenges or problem they face is more compare a non interracial relationship.  Maybe their complications they face are what fascinates me more (does that even make sense?) Sorry if I offend non interracial relationship, you guys face problems and obstacle to but in my opinion you do not face some of the problems faced by interracial couple, you don’t have that “extra” obstacle to crossover.
You get me? (Gosh I feel like I’m not expressing myself accurately)
What do I mean by that? Well any interracial relationship is going to have to go through a disapproval or negative phase in their life. Although we live in a modern world with its fancy technologies, when it comes to race and religion, not everyone is going to be 100% approving of your decisions.
Your friends and parents maybe cool with your significant other, but there are always going to be some group of people who are always going to disapprove and censure your interracial relationship. Because as much as our technology changes every minute of the day, sadly enough our minds are still rooted towards racism.  We have yet to move away from it.
But despite all the disapproving looks and side comments, in the end you must remember “you can never please everyone”. If your partner loves you and you love them back, why not go ahead and build a life together. If that’s what makes you happy, take that white horse and ride away into the happy land with your loved one.

I’ve seen so many of my friends that are in an interracial relationship/marriage. It just woos me so much, I just can’t explain in words. If a boy of a different race is attracted to me ……..I would ask him so many questions? Not in doubt of his interest for me, but what about me that made him consider me as his love/crush interest.
Every time I spot an interracial couple, I always wonder about their story. Like what attracted you to him/her, did you ever doubt your interracial relationship, are you happy? Did you ever think you will end up in an interracial relationship? Do you think of your future cute buttons? So many questions.
If you ever watch Scandal (if not shoot yourself), the reason that drove to watch this show is because of the interracial relationship. Second is of course the actress and third the plot itself. I doubt I will watch the show with intense anticipation if there was not an interracial relationship going on. Because let’s face it, who in the right mind wants to watch about bunch of sleezy politicians making bad decisions.  

Same goes for any shows with interracial couples, it just heightens my interest to the show, unless I find the whole relationship not working towards a positive vibe.  So even when I read a book and if it involve a interracial couple, I’m all for it!
I support interracial relationship!!!! And if you are in one, go ahead and give yourself a hug.
One day I would love to have an interracial relationship, but until then I’m just gonna sit back and ‘like’ all the beautiful interracial couples in Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment